The site has reached a halfway point where I’ve implemented enough features for it to be useful so I’m tentatively releasing a alpha of the site. This is by no means the final product or anywhere near beta stage but I think that what is there will give you enough of an appetizer to want more of the full thing. The new site can be accessed at http://dev.staticmapper.com/index.html.
I’d be really interested on those of you using smaller devices like smartphones or tablets on how the responsive features work. Please let me know any problems you have or suggestions on things that I’ve missed/excluded etc.
A list of working features are :
- Git logs (list of added features and bug fixes)
- (IGB only) Current system and route cache – Displays current system name, probable static and recent kill statistics.
– Caches last viewed systems for the session only. You can navigate to other pages and when you return to the home, it will remember and display the list in the correct order
– If you move into a previously cached system it moves the system to the top of the list
– Removing the system from the list removes from cache
– Remove all systems, rescans for the current
- Index page displays all regions along with regional sum of kill statistics. All kills follow the same colour throughout the site. :
– Red = Ships
– Orange = pods
– Purple = faction
- Each region shows current systems grouped by constellation. Shows jump (if applicable) and kill stats for the past 2 hours
- Mouseover static for information
- Click system name to go to solarsystem page
- Each k-space region shows what the w-space side wh may look like. There are a couple missing (but I’m sure someone out there may oblige me with an image at some point)
- Displays relevant information on celestial bodies
- Mouse over icons for further information
- Station mousovers show station services available
- Mouse over planets for PIable resources
- Recent scans will be YOUR scans or corporation/alliance scans that have been shared.
- Kill statistics for past 48 hour and also historical kills going back to 2008. Also jumps for kspace where appropriate
- Index page shows visual images of class to class statics as well as table of full static names
- Click through to static page for full information and big image.
- Class colour is related to the WH colour.
At the current state, the site is simply a lookup tool so if you want to continue logging your journeys and sigmaps, use the current site. I will be migrating all that data over to the new site when I’ve added those features.
There is no account management yet so it won’t recognize your character name or remember anything you do outside of the current session. It displays my name at the top but there is no functionality to it yet. It’s merely a placeholder for the moment and I will be adding account related features within the next couple of feature sprints.
You’ll see a couple of navigation options that have not functionality to them yet. I’ll briefly outline them for you :
Features to add
Same as Navigation on the current site. Will allow you to enter waypoints and it will calculate the best route for you. Will also (as with the current site) include w-space routes you’ve discovered. The map will be completely rewritten so it’s not so slow and clunky as the current implementation.
Same as the current site, allows you to enter details about the scanned signatures you’ve found. It will include the cut and paste feature you’ve all been asking for. Included in this section will be look ups and further information on the sites with a hook to the DRK tracker’s price feed so it can give you an approximate value of the site.
A graphical representation of the w-space systems you’ve uncovered showing how they link together. Will allow you to save chains for historical purposes. It will be tied into the front page’s auto scan feature so you won’t really need to do anything for this. In fact, it will simply be another representation of the data you’ll see on the front page anyway but something that has been asked for a number of times.
Completely rewritten. Lets you enter the current jump bridge network so when you pop out into nullsec, you can see if you can get close to somewhere safe (if you’re in an alliance). This feature will be one of the last to do as it’s not technically fully w-space related, but I found it useful when I was w-spacing as part of a large alliance. Saved my skin many times.
- Home system – lets you specify your home system name. Most route related sections will use this setting as it’s start point
- Log visit – same as the current site, lets you log a scan of the system you are currently in.
- Content admin – a little admin widget allowing you to change settings such as who can see the data you add to the site, how long to keep the data for and a few other things.
- Activity notification – Front page information pod that lets you specify systems you want to keep your eye on.
- Probable resident – Parsing the zkillboard api, it will calculate who the probably current resident is from the api-verified killmails.