The site has reached a halfway point where I’ve implemented enough features for it to be useful so I’m tentatively releasing a alpha of the site. This is by no means the final product or anywhere near beta stage but I think that what is there will give you enough of an appetizer to want more of the full thing. The new site can be accessed at http://dev.staticmapper.com/index.html.
I’d be really interested on those of you using smaller devices like smartphones or tablets on how the responsive features work. Please let me know any problems you have or suggestions on things that I’ve missed/excluded etc.
A list of working features are :
- Git logs (list of added features and bug fixes)
- (IGB only) Current system and route cache – Displays current system name, probable static and recent kill statistics.
– Caches last viewed systems for the session only. You can navigate to other pages and when you return to the home, it will remember and display the list in the correct order
– If you move into a previously cached system it moves the system to the top of the list
– Removing the system from the list removes from cache
– Remove all systems, rescans for the current
- Index page displays all regions along with regional sum of kill statistics. All kills follow the same colour throughout the site. :
– Red = Ships
– Orange = pods
– Purple = faction
- Each region shows current systems grouped by constellation. Shows jump (if applicable) and kill stats for the past 2 hours
- Mouseover static for information
- Click system name to go to solarsystem page
- Each k-space region shows what the w-space side wh may look like. There are a couple missing (but I’m sure someone out there may oblige me with an image at some point)
- Displays relevant information on celestial bodies
- Mouse over icons for further information
- Station mousovers show station services available
- Mouse over planets for PIable resources
- Recent scans will be YOUR scans or corporation/alliance scans that have been shared.
- Kill statistics for past 48 hour and also historical kills going back to 2008. Also jumps for kspace where appropriate
- Index page shows visual images of class to class statics as well as table of full static names
- Click through to static page for full information and big image.
- Class colour is related to the WH colour.
At the current state, the site is simply a lookup tool so if you want to continue logging your journeys and sigmaps, use the current site. I will be migrating all that data over to the new site when I’ve added those features.
There is no account management yet so it won’t recognize your character name or remember anything you do outside of the current session. It displays my name at the top but there is no functionality to it yet. It’s merely a placeholder for the moment and I will be adding account related features within the next couple of feature sprints.
You’ll see a couple of navigation options that have not functionality to them yet. I’ll briefly outline them for you :
Features to add
Same as Navigation on the current site. Will allow you to enter waypoints and it will calculate the best route for you. Will also (as with the current site) include w-space routes you’ve discovered. The map will be completely rewritten so it’s not so slow and clunky as the current implementation.
Same as the current site, allows you to enter details about the scanned signatures you’ve found. It will include the cut and paste feature you’ve all been asking for. Included in this section will be look ups and further information on the sites with a hook to the DRK tracker’s price feed so it can give you an approximate value of the site.
A graphical representation of the w-space systems you’ve uncovered showing how they link together. Will allow you to save chains for historical purposes. It will be tied into the front page’s auto scan feature so you won’t really need to do anything for this. In fact, it will simply be another representation of the data you’ll see on the front page anyway but something that has been asked for a number of times.
Completely rewritten. Lets you enter the current jump bridge network so when you pop out into nullsec, you can see if you can get close to somewhere safe (if you’re in an alliance). This feature will be one of the last to do as it’s not technically fully w-space related, but I found it useful when I was w-spacing as part of a large alliance. Saved my skin many times.
- Home system – lets you specify your home system name. Most route related sections will use this setting as it’s start point
- Log visit – same as the current site, lets you log a scan of the system you are currently in.
- Content admin – a little admin widget allowing you to change settings such as who can see the data you add to the site, how long to keep the data for and a few other things.
- Activity notification – Front page information pod that lets you specify systems you want to keep your eye on.
- Probable resident – Parsing the zkillboard api, it will calculate who the probably current resident is from the api-verified killmails.
Thought I’d throw out a quick post on a pretty elaberate scam which actually has some degree of success. I have to take my hat off to this one.
so there I was in rens, looking at the market seeing what stock I could buy up and still make a profit what with jita being camped and all when I see in local some contacts that look legit. Contracts in local that seem legit should cause alarm bells to ring to everyone….
Study the next screen shot for a moment or 2.
Hangar clear out. ok… 250 mil?!? what???? Nothing in there that has the value of 250 mil unitl….. hold on….. Compressed Dark Ocher…. hmmm
View market and….. ahhhh. What we see here looks too good to be true. Someone selling ore at well over the market value, nothing odd about that. What is odd is the 400 million buy order which exceeds the sell.
“But that’s impossible!” Well no it’s not if you have the right trading skill. Here’s how the scam works.
Note the times. the 400 mil buy order is 4 hours old, the sell orders are 40 minutes old. to make this scam work depends on how you set up the orders.
The perp has an alt with margim Trading at level 5 :
Ability to make potentially risky investments work in your favor. Each level of skill reduces the percentage of ISK placed in market escrow when entering buy orders. Starting with an escrow percentage of 100% at Level 0 (untrained skill), each skill level cumulatively reduces the percentage by 25%. For a maximum reduction of approximately 24% total escrow at level 5.
He has to have enough isk in the alts account to set up the order but with margin trading it only part of his capital goes into escrow. So what he does next is remove all isk from the alt. Quickly sell a few units to himself bring the escrow up to full He then sets up sell orders with the remaining units.
Initially he’ll get a message telling him that the person he’s selling to doesn’t have enough isk to complete the transaction leaving him to set up the sell orders to a much lower price than the buy.
The rest is to wait for the next dummy to come along, buy the sell, try to sell to the buy and find out that he can’t! perp has 300 mil, the mark has some really expensive dark ochre.
and what’s the contract for? to discreetly advertise the scam
First off folks, severe apology for not being able to sort this out sooner. I didn’t get any of your eve mails to me until about 2 hours ago when I resubbed. Everyone needs some downtime from the great game once in a while.
What was the cause? Well remember a couple of weeks ago when the site was down for a couple of hours? This was because it was being moved to another server. The old server it was one was a centos server and the new runs redhat. The issue was the method that I was detecting the browser with. Because of the way the old server was configured I had to use $HTTP_SERVER_VARS[‘HTTP_USER_AGENT’]; to detect the browser because $_SERVER[‘HTTP_USER_AGENT’]; didn’t work……..
This has now been fixed. unfortunately though statistics are missing because the crons didn’t get moved. So setting those up now. Statistics will begin populating shortly.
I will now get back to the rebuild….. Again, if you have problems, catch me on twitter as I’ll be keeping it updated with current and future updates.
Fly safe folks!
There is a bunch of new updates coming to a popular system information website near you…. A sneak peak of what’s coming to you and also a nice visual representation of the place most of you guys call home.
Starting off on the bottom left, region 30, the regions continue in an anti clockwise spiral pattern to the middle regions.
The statistics dropdown option will display your connections from one system to another…… providing you updated the sigmap widget correctly.
We all read the patch notes right? Well for those who haven’t read them entirely yet the link is http://www.eveonline.com/updates/patchnotes.asp?newpatchlogID=3219
Now for those who read the top which has the best bits but got bored towards the end let me fill you guys in :
• The Jumps API no longer shows jumps into wormhole space.
That’s right. CCP have decided to nerf stats in W-space. I guess they think that knowing how many jumps into the system made things too “easy” and decided to nerf one of your main methods for avoiding a gankhood.
Personally I find this completely lame. I could get all RPG and go on about quantum wave forms or something Ub3r l33t geeky, but it’s early in the morning for me and after recieving the umpteenth mail about the broken jump statistics I thought I’d let you guys know the state of play.
My best advice is to bring it to the CSM and formums as I can’t really see a valid reason why the stats would be nerfed…. Just my opinion mind.
It’s been a bit of a manic time for me in RL and I had to step away from eve for a while to get a whole bunch of stuff sorted. But things are now settled down and I can return to playing with internet spaceships again so all you folks who’ve mailed me info/bug reports/feature requests I will get these things looked into.
There are some major bug fixes that I need to address though in the mean time. Seems that the regional views are taking a long time to load so that’s something that I’ll fix up over the next week first.
Some of you who mailed me I can’t mail back as you’ve got CSPA charges on but I will be looking into the reported issues.
Fly safe folks and keep the bug reports coming
For those of you who use the API features, be it the interactive secure jump bridge maps or for the standings import so you can see which systems are safe in the regional view by the big blue rows or pastely red for those who don’t like you that much, I will be swapping over to use the new system sometime this week. I will be putting up a link on the relevant forms with the correct access mask so you can simply create the key in a few easy clicks.
I’ll be giving at least 24 hours notice before the change so none of you should be effected that much.