Galaxy map touched with lovePosted: January 5, 2012
Lets face it, the way I’d implimented the galaxy map seen when finding a route was pants. It was hard to read, didn’t really give the info that you wanted and was well in need of a rewrite. Which is what I’ve done.
Took the whole thing back to structure and built up again from the ground. It should be a lot faster in OOG browsers. Chrome and firefox both love it. And with new features to help you guys navigate yourselves back to jita when you find that awesome hisec exit.
New features in this release are :
- Colours changed and easier to read
- System name population based on what’s on screen, not which region you hover over
- Colour coded system dots
- Squares for stations and circles for none
- turn off the dots and lables if screen is too cluttered
- Lables disapear at medium zoon and dots at far zoom
- region names font replaced with Arial.
- Lots of you didn’t like the old hard to read font without your reading glasses.
Performance is still poor in the IGB but that’s more to do with the IGB it’s self than the page. Check out the other well known eve database sites which also have galaxy maps for comparison and you’ll see what I mean. I’ve tried to optimise it best I can but I can’t bend the laws of physics. At least not yet
That should keep you entertained for a while.